Breastfeeding can be brilliant in so many ways. But here are the Selfish reasons why you should breastfeed.
- Breastfeeding makes that baby weight FLY right off. Breastfeeding burns 500-600 calories a day, this means that you have reasons to snack all day long, and you will lose that weight extra fast. Breastfeeding within the first two weeks will help your uterus contract faster as well . CAN YOU SAY SKINNY JEANS
- Money Money Money! Breastfeeding saves tonnes of cash, One can of formula costs $40.00 a baby can easily go through 1-2 cans a week. That’s a lot of pairs of shoes, some nice clothes.
- Bye Bye Breast Cancer, Mama’s who breastfeed for 4-12 months have an 11% less chance of getting breast cancer, if mama breastfed for 24 months or more she has a 25% less chance of getting breast cancer.
- Breast milk is always ready. This is SUPER great when you are forgetful, or when you are just plain lazy at that 2 am feed. All you have to do is pop the breast into baby’s mouth and go back to bed. I really enjoyed this one.
- There is always an excuse to leave. When you are hanging around a bunch of people even if you are like me and always feed baby right infront of everyone no cover required…you can get away with saying that baby feeds better in the quiet and escape the group to go feed baby in a quiet room, relax and even have a little nap.
- No prep required. Going out… You don’t need to pack bottles prepped with formula you just need to pack your boobs into a nice breastfeeding bra and you are ready to go.
- I GOT BOOBS! For the first time in my life I have gorgeous breasts, they were large and plump. I loved them. Wish they didn’t have to go when I stopped breastfeeding. My husband even joked that they looked fake at one point. Fake boobs no plastic required…. I will take it!
- No Sick Babies. Other than a stuffy nose at 3 months, neither of my kiddo’s got sick until they weaned themselves off of the breast. Dealing with sick kiddo’s is hard. I prefer them happy and healthy.
- Diaper Doody. The Diapers from breastfed babies has a much more pleasant smell, and for the days when babies explode all over you, you will be thankful for the smell.
- Breastfed babies are HAPPIER, Yes that’s the truth.Tthey tend to cry less, this is because they have less intestinal pains. Breastfed babies have less colic.
- No Period. We all hate it ladies, and when you are breastfeeding, it is either a no show, or very light.
- You can ask for stuff while feeding…. “Can someone get me a glass of water, I can’t move the baby is eating” Who would deny a woman feeding a baby.
Not the selfish kind, There are many more reasons to breastfeed, if these 12 are not enough check out 101 reasons to breastfeed http://www.notmilk.com/101.html
Above ^ This is me breastfeeding H in my wedding dress.
- My Selfish Reasons to Breastfeed (radiantbeginnings.net)